Friday, February 12, 2010

Quick Favs - Skip*Hop Duo Deluxe Diaper Bag



Skip Hop Duo Deluxe Diaper Bag, Blossom
A few years ago when I was pregnant with Tot #1 I spent a lot of time looking at diaper bags.  As a new mom you start to look at your diaper bag not only as a piece of baby gear, but quite possibly as a replacement for your everyday handbag (at least for the first year or two).  That being said, I've never been a big fan of the luxury diaper bags - Coach, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc.  You know it is going to get gross and possibly so gross you'll have to throw it away.  You also need something that is designed by people who understand how you're really going to use.  An experienced mom of two took me aside and said "Listen, there is only one diaper bag you need.  The Skip Hop Duo."  She was so right.

Flash forward three years and I'm now on my second Skip Hop Duo.  I upgraded to the Skip*Hop Duo Deluxe last year for Mother's Day because I fell in love with the new Blossom pattern (left).  My old Skip*Hop Duo was still in such great shape that I donated it to Room to Grow



Here's what I love about the Skip*Hop Duo Deluxe:

  • Magnetic closures on the main pocket and both front pockets so things are easy to access, but still secure.
  • Contrasting colored lining makes it easy to find things inside - no more black hole.
  • Just the right number of pockets: two mutli-diaper size ones on the inside, two big open ones on the outside (with pen holders!), two zippered pockets on top (perfect for wallet, keys, etc.), a mesh pockets for water/bottle/blackberry/Purell and a closable mini side pocket for change/lipstick/etc.
  • The shoulder strap is easily adjustable and well padded.
  • Super smart strap system.  You can attach the Duo Deluxe to your stroller without removing the shoulder strap.  This is awesome.

  • It comes in at least 19 different colors and patterns so the chances are, there is something that fits your style.
  • The best part is, if you spill a cup of apple juice or worse - it can survive the occasional trip through the washing machine with a couple old towels.  This can save your diaper bag and maybe your sanity too.



1 comment: