Friday, December 11, 2009

My Favorite Books - 12 - 18m



A continuation from the last post, here are some of my favorite books for kids 12 - 18m.

For the 12-18m set, my favorites are all books that encourage curiosity, language and parent/child interaction. Board books with basic vocabulary and big, clear pictures are always a big hit. These are all books that they may still be reading when they're two or three - they will just be getting something different out of it at that age. As with any tool, you are going to get as much out of it as you put into it. The more repetition and interaction the faster their little brains can build the association of the sound of the words you're saying and the pictures. As much as you can, stick to board books for this age group, since the lack of fine motor control can lead to a lot of ripped pages otherwise. All of my favorites (except the last one) are still board books.

Here are my favorites:



No comments:

Post a Comment